This is an odd time where normal family rhythms have been disrupted (school, sports, work, etc.), and yet this disruption also provides for us more time and space to engage God together. We are also aware that there are an enormous amount of resources out there to use for family discipleship and it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
Our RedeemerKIDS staff chose a few of our favorite resources to point you to and hope they will bless your family. This list is certainly not exhaustive and we will be adding to it in the future, but in this season we simply wanted to give you some quality starting points to grow in relationship with God together and live out Deuteronomy 6 in deeper ways.We love you and are praying that this season will be a memorable one for your family and that you experience God's grace in new and special ways.
- The Bible Project - This site is full of engaging videos and commentary that you can explore by series, themes, or Biblical books. They are typically 4-10 minutes long and can be used with children of all ages.
- Seed Family Worship - free access to devotionals, songs, and videos to help your family memorize 20 verses of Scripture this year.
- Superbook Kids Bible - is a media-rich experience that helps bring the Bible to life with videos and images as well as interactive games.
- New City Catechism - is designed to take children through 52 questions and answers in order to instill rich theological truth into their memory. Catechism is a spiritual formation practice that has largely been lost in modern times but has been a key discipline for most of the history of the church. You can read more from Tim Keller how to use this resource here.
- D6 Family - D6 is a movement about empowering parents, homes, marriages, leaders, and churches to live out the story of Deuteronomy 6, which paints a beautiful picture of God’s heart for discipleship at home. They are offering free devotional guides during this time on a variety of topics.
- God’s Big Story - is a new podcast for kids, where they teach, sing, and talk about the Bible at an age-appropriate level.
- “Family Worship” playlist on Spotify - Our RedeemerKIDS team has compiled songs that we play in our classrooms, worship from our elementary large group gatherings, and upbeat dance-party tracks as well.