OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
There are a variety of opportunities to serve at Redeemer! Here is a brief overview of what each of our teams do on Sundays.
- Connections Team - Connections is a team of hospitable leaders who focus on helping our guests take steps toward being involved in our church community.
- Usher Team - Ushers welcome everyone who walks through our Sanctuary doors by personally welcoming them, handing out bulletins, and helping attendees find a seat.
- Security Team (Men Only) - Security welcomes everyone into our services by assisting people to find a parking space, being a deterring presence to those who would do harm, and responding to safety concerns.
- Coffee Team - Coffee volunteers brew coffee for each service and ensure the coffee stations are neatly stocked and clean for attendees.
Hospitality Team volunteers serve on a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off rotation. Fill out this form, or contact Rachel Mills to join the team.
RedeemerKIDS partners with families to see holistic family discipleship transform kids across Kansas City. Volunteers spend time building relationships with children in the classroom on Sundays to teach and model Truth, Prayer, Friendship, and Family. RedeemerKIDS volunteers serve two Sundays per month in classrooms ranging from infants through 5th grade. Click here to apply to serve in RedeemerKIDS.
- ProPresenter - Running slides is an important element of our worship services that enables guests to focus on worshipping fully. No previous experience needed.
- Video Director - This role requires a lot of focus and ability to learn from your mistakes on the fly! Video Directors are in charge of running the cameras and video switcher for our livestream. No previous experience needed.
- Sound Engineer - Previous experience is preferred for this role due to its challenging nature. We do have training that is available for those who are willing to learn and do the extra work outside of training.
Worship Production volunteers serve one Sunday per month. Fill out this form or contact Jory Collier to join the Worship Production Team.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEMBERS
Volunteers must be covenant members of Redeemer Fellowship to serve on the following teams. Contact Rachel Mills if you are interested in joining a team.
- Scripture Readers
Scripture readers introduce the passage on Sunday mornings by reading from the Bible on stage before the pastor starts his sermon.
- Prayer Ministry
We desire to see God move, to build up, encourage, heal, and revive hearts during our Sunday gatherings - and this takes prayer! Our desire is for each member to take their place and use their gifts in this way during our Sunday gatherings. Contact Amanda Smith if you are interested in joining this ministry.
- Communion Team
Communion is for all those who turn from the ways of sin and are trusting Jesus as their righteousness, looking to him and him alone to make them right before God. Each week, our body takes communion together during Sunday services and the Communion Team serves the sacraments to attendees.